These resources are suggested for instructors and program leaders who wish to address the key challenges to implementing active, experiential, and integrated learning strategies.
Selected papers and reports by CDIO collaborators
- Problem-Based Learning in Aerospace Engineering Education by D. Brodeur, P. Young, and K. Blair. Available here through the courtesy of the American Society of Engineering Education. Download (.pdf 36K)
- Student Involvement in Principled Change: Understanding the Student Experience by K. Edstrom, M. Engstrom, I. Wiklund, and Torneick Download (.pdf 140K)
- Using Concept Maps and concept Questions to Enhance conceptual Understanding by D. Darmofal, D. Soderholm, and D. Brodeur. Available here through the courtesy of the American Society of Engineering Education. Download (.pdf 1.9MB)
- Biggs, J. Teaching For Quality Learning at University, 2nd.ed., The Society for Research Into Higher Education and Open University Press, Birmingham, England, 2003.
- Bransford, J., Brown, A., and Cocking, R. How People Learn. National Academy Press, Washington, DC, 2000.
- Mazur, E. Peer Instruction: A User's Manual with Just-In-Time Teaching. Prentice Hall, 1996.