Kristina Edström is an educational developer with an engineering background (MSc in Eng, Chalmers), Associate Professor in Engineering Education Development at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden. She is engaged in engineering education development and research at KTH, in Sweden and internationally – most notably in the CDIO Initiative since 2001.
- Program leader for KTH Royal Institute of Technology since 2005, since 2013 she is co-leader together with Jakob Kuttenkeuler.
- Contributor in Crawley et al (2007; 2014) Rethinking Engineering Education: The CDIO Approach, Springer.
- Member 2005-2013 in the CDIO Council on a founding member seat. From 2014 elected on a personal mandate in the Council as member-at-rarge.
Research interests: Conditions for improvement of engineering education on course, curriculum, institutional, national and international level.
- Edström, K. & Kolmos, A. (2014). PBL and CDIO: complementary models for engineering education development, European Journal of Engineering Education
- Edström, K. (2008). Doing course evaluation as if learning matters most, Higher Education Research & Development, 27:2, 95 – 106