In addition to the sample assessment and evaluation tools, these resources are suggested for instructors and program leaders who wish to address the key challenges to learning assessment and program evaluation.
Selected papers and reports by CDIO collaborators
- Assessing Engineering Students' Modeling Skills by T. Lingefjärd Download (.pdf 116K)
- Assessing Teaching and Learning of Mathematics in the Mechanical Engineering Program at Chalmers Technology University by T. Lingefjärd Download (.pdf 168K)
- Assessment and Mathematics Examinations in the CDIO Project by T. Lingefjärd Download (.pdf 68K)
- Problem-Based Learning in Aerospace Engineering Education by D. Brodeur, P. Young, and K. Blair. Available here through the courtesy of the American Society of Engineering Education.
Download (.pdf 36K)
- Student Involvement in Principled Change: Understanding the Student Experience by K. Edstrom, M. Engstrom, I. Wiklund, and Torneick Download (.pdf 140K)
- Using Concept Maps and concept Questions to Enhance conceptual Understanding by D. Darmofal, D. Soderholm, and D. Brodeur. Available here through the courtesy of the American Society of Engineering Education.
Download (.pdf 1.9MB)
- Using Portfolios for Exit Assessment in Engineering Programs by D. Brodeur. Available here through the courtesy of the American Society of Engineering Education.
Download (.doc 876K)
- Writing Mathematics and Assessment in the CDIO Project by T. Lingefjärd Download (.pdf 136K)
- Angelo, T. A., and Cross, P. K., Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook For College Teachers, 2nd ed., Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, 1993.
- Biggs, J. Teaching For Quality Learning at University, 2nd.ed., The Society for Research Into Higher Education and Open University Press, Birmingham, England, 2003.
- Gray, P. J., and Banta, T.R. (Eds.), The Campus-Level Impact of Assessment: Progress, Problems, and Possibilities. New Directions in Higher Education, No. 100, Jossey-Bass Inc., 1997.
- Gresler, M. E., Program Evaluation, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1996.
- Huba, M. E., and Freed, J. E., Learner-Centered Assessment on College Campuses, Allyn and Bacon, Boston, MA, 2000.
- Palomba, C. A,, and Banta, T. W., Assessment Essentials: Planning, Implementing, and Improving Assessment in Higher Education, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, CA,1999.
- Field-Tested Learning Assessment Guide
- Learning and Teaching Support Network for Engineering
- Project-Based Learning in Engineering